Monday, March 5, 2012

Things I Like About Me - Part 2


Source

Well, it’s time for the “other half” of the blog to talk about Things I Like About Me (even though it's past the "link up" time frame).  While deployed it is very, very easy to get irritable because you’re working long hours, there are no days off, and you have to deal with the exact same people every single day.  And since Jen shared a quote with you, I will share with you a mantra that I use daily to help me keep perspective:





Today I am fortunate to have woken up.  I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am going to use my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.  I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others.  I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

Though I’m not 100% sure how that ties in to liking myself, I wanted to share it.  Here is my attempt at a list of things I like about myself:
  1.  I am the most positive person I know.  I can find the good in anyone or anything and I refuse to let frustration get the best of me.
  2.  I have an excellent grasp on the English language.  As a Latin major, I spent quite a bit of time learning basic grammar. (I’m really good at Scrabble.) 
  3.  I can laugh at myself.  I never take myself too seriously.  When I make mistakes, I learn, laugh, and move on.
  4.  I have the utmost faith in humanity. I believe that all people want to be good and that there is good in everyone.
  5.  I am very organized.  I set timelines, I stick to them, and I am very reliable. 
  6.   I am good at my job.  I understand the technicality of my career field, I take care of my Marines to the best of my ability, and I learn new things on a daily basis. 
  7.  I play the piano.  It’s one of those skills that’s fun to have and I play when I need to relax.
So there you have it, an entirely positive post about me. I urge you to follow the example from Just.Be.Enough and share your thoughts about yourself. Thanks for reading mine. 
Source