Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's A Love Affair...

I've spent about 1/3 of my married life (which really isn't that long since we got hitched in 2008) begging for massages. Foot, back, shoulder, hand...you name it, I want it. Unfortunately, I married a man who loves to receive massages and is quite frugal when it comes to handing them out. (Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means starving for attention from him, it's just that I'd like to get a daily massage and he's more the once a week type.)

Enter my new love:

Source
I picked up this little beauty about halfway through my husband's last deployment. A little something to tide me over while he was gone. Well, he got home 2 1/2 months ago, and I haven't stopped spending time with my new love. When he falls asleep, I pull it out from under my side of the bed and take care of my hamstrings and calves. And if it's a good night, I may even hit up my hip flexors.

Seriously, the benefits of owning a foam roller are numerous. Here's a great link from Runner's World complete with videos on how to properly utilize your foam roller. So what are you waiting for...go get one!