Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good Initiave, Bad Judgement

The title refers to a common sentiment I heard when I was on active duty. Basically, it means, "I appreciate the effort and idea, but seriously, you've got to be crazy to think that's a good plan." Which brings me to my latest bright idea:

Source


As I'm sure I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm currently training for a half marathon. I was crushing my training plan (well, at least the novice one that I was mistakenly using here) through the end of December and even a bit into January...and then my husband got home, we were out of town for 3 weeks, and I remembered how much I love beer. No worries, after a couple weeks home, Jason is back to work and I've made it to most of our group workouts and logged a couple "long" runs. So, feeling somewhat confident about my readiness for this upcoming race - did I mention it's in a little over a week and a half?! - I went a little crazy. In fact, I've gone totally INSANE!

Inspired by a friend's FB post, I decided to take the Insanity Fit Test on Monday. Terrible idea! I was so sore for our run on Tuesday. But I pushed through in order to make an even worse decision. I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit following our run. Hey, the Weasel was sleeping, so I took advantage. Yeah, with the half marathon right around the corner, I'm seriously rethinking this brilliant idea. I think I need to push pause until the race is over. But so far I love the program. 

One thing I'm confused about though...the text book definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." So is that really a good name for this style of training? Just wondering...