Ok, with that explanation, FitFluential reminds us that it is key to find balance in four specific areas: Eat, Sleep, Move, Enjoy! Here are a few recommendations for how to find that balance!
1) Make your bedroom a sanctuary! The bedroom should be reserved for two things - sleep and sex! Try not to bring your problems into the bedroom with you. Leave the TV in the family room, all phones/iPods/iPads (pretty much anything you plug into a wall) should be left outside of this sanctuary.
This just looks peaceful! (Source)
2) Stick to a schedule. For example, I know that I have to be up at 5 am every day to get to work by 6 am. That means that I need to be in bed no later than 10 pm if I want to get at least seven hours of sleep. I do not alter this on the weekends. I love to get up early because I feel like I'm more productive. Try not to change your sleeping schedule just because you can.
3) Plan your meals, but don't beat yourself up for having that cookie at the office holiday party. As the saying goes, "You are what you eat." If you focus on eating healthy foods 90% of the time, your body will thank you for it. Giving in once in a while (and no, that doesn't mean you can have a cheat "weekend") is good for you and increases your chances of sticking to the 90% healthy. Everything in MODERATION!
4) Develop a workout schedule....and stick to it. Try to come up with fun things to do with friends during the holiday season that are not centered around food (like most holiday festivities are). Movement helps increase your energy levels...and you need a lot of energy during this busy holiday season!
5) Take five minutes a day to meditate or make a gratitude list. We all get so caught up in buying presents, decorating the tree, mailing cards, etc that we forget to just enjoy being. Calm your mind, be thankful for what you have and your body will thank you for it.