Thursday, June 14, 2012

Running & Potty Training

Now, for those of you who assume I am potty training based on my post a while back about almost pooping myself, you would be mistaken:) This is about the Weasel!

A month ago, I decided to attempt potty training Weasel. She didn't talk then and even though she's been pooping on the potty for months, she just wasn't ready to commit to using it full time. It was frustrating, but we shelved the idea for a bit. Well, after spending a couple weeks with her Grandma & Grandpa, Weasel learned to talk. That brings us to today's post. We are attempting to potty train yet again. She's done a great job with just a few accidents that tip her off that it's time to lose to panties and hit the toilet. How does this relate to a running blog you ask?


Potty training is a full time gig. Weasel spends the majority of her day running around bare bottomed. When it's time to go for a run, we can't exactly be gone for a long time. Just before we leave, she hops on the potty and takes care of business. Then we take a quick 2 mile jog and it's back to being pants-less at home. That doesn't really work for me since I rarely like to log less than 3 miles, so we take a couple or three 2 mile jogs throughout the day. Hey, you've got to do what works, right?! We also bring the portable potty wherever we go. So while it's not exactly the dream training scenario, I once read in Runner's World that as long as you log the miles, that's what counts. They don't have to be done at one time!

Anyone have tips for me?! I could use them all!!