Monday, September 17, 2012

Goal Update - Week 2

Interested to see how I'm doing on my goals?  Thanks for stopping by - I feel good about this week and it just keeps getting better.  I'm in a routine and that's good for me because I thrive on structure!  

Exercise Goals
1) Run 25 miles a week - Much better this week!  I got in three runs and covered 15.5 miles.  They were slow, but I attribute that to the hills and not being used to them.  

2) Swim at least three times a week - Two-thirds of the way there!  I got to the pool once and this weekend I headed to Camp Del Mar on Pendleton and swam in the jetty.  I got in a solid 2.5 miles of swimming this week!

3) Bike to and from work at least once a week - Not there yet, but I got the bike out and cleaned it up, lubed the chain and took her out on Pacific Coast Highway!  It was a quick 10 mile ride, and it was awesome!

4) 10-dead hang pull-ups - Still on track with the Recon Ron pull-up program.  This week I only got four of the five sets in, but that's okay because my right shoulder has been bugging me a bit.  This week the sets were 8-7-5-5-5.

Nutrition Goals
1) One caffeinated drink per day - Barely had any caffeine all week!  I actually feel like I have more energy these days too!

2) One carbonated drink per week - We went to see the new Batman movie on Saturday and I opted for a small diet coke as my carbonated drink of the week - it was delish!

3) Keep a food journal - doing great here thanks to MyFitnessPal, which I wrote about last week.  It's so easy to use!  You can even add your own recipes in there!