Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's A Bird...It's A Plane...No, It's the Nutless Wonder!

I had every intention of tasting all 4 of my sample Picky Bars BEFORE writing a review, but after the first bite of the Nutless Wonder bar, I absolutely had to tell you about these things. 

Source

Honestly, I was skeptical at first. The bars are small and individually wrapped in resealable plastic bags (a huge plus)! I headed out on Monday morning to hit the gym, and in my typical fashion, I only had time to get the Weasel her breakfast. So I grabbed the Nutless Wonder bar and hopped in the car. The bars are very dense, but less than 200 calories each. I took my first bite and tasted pumpkin seeds and chocolate...YUM! I was shocked at how tasty it was. 

Take a look at the ingredients:

Ingredients: organic datesorganic sunflower butter, raw honey, organic rice cereal (Organic brown rice, Organic brown rice syrup, Sea salt), rice protein (protein from whole grain sprouted brown rice, natural vanilla flavor), organic apricots, cranberries, organic pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, semi sweet chocolate chips (cane sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (soy), vanilla extract), cinnamon, kosher salt, canola & sunflower oil. 

HOLY COW...you can pronounce every last word! Now that's refreshing!! I am so excited to try the other three bars they sent: All-In Almond, Lauren's Mega Nuts, and Smooth Caffeinator.  

Let's break it down. Here are the PROS:

1. Small, easily digestible for pre-workout fuel. 
2. Resealable packaging means you can eat a few bites and save the rest for after your workout.
3. They have tasty chocolate bits!
4. I've finally found a nutrition bar that doesn't make me want to gag.
5. Picky Bars is a small company started by runners and made for runners. Why wouldn't you want to support them?!

CONS:

1. I would have to order the product online because the only place they are available in NC is about 2 hours from my house. 

Seriously, only 1 con, and luckily, you can grab these online with no hassle. I'll be providing more reviews of the other flavors in the near future, but I really couldn't wait to share this with you. So go grab a bar and find out what the craze is all about!