1. Run 5 days a week. Throughout November, this has been the easiest goal to reach. The weather has been uncharacteristically warm and therefore, no excuses.
2. Do speed work once a week. I found that it was tougher to accomplish this goal than I imagined it would be. Strollers aren't really conducive to speed work, and I typically use my one day care visit per week to bike.
3. Go to bed by 10:30 every night! I got better about this one as the month passed. These last few days, I've been in bed by 10:30 and asleep by 11. Overall this makes a huge difference in the way I feel the following day. I'd love to get 8-10 hours a night, but I cherish my time without a baby to tend to:)
4. Learn about fueling/nutrition for before/during longer runs. Before this month, I've barely even thought to take a water bottle on my runs. Now, I pop a nuun tablet in my bottle and if I'm going longer than 30 minutes, I pack either chews or one of my Honey Stinger waffles. I've definitely noticed a difference in energy level at the end of the runs where I'm conscious of my refueling.
5. Eat sweets no more than three times a week. Epic FAILURE! My sweet tooth cannot be curbed. Thank goodness for floss, regular brushing and a good workout routine!
1. Complete speed work once a week. Nope, didn't get this one this week, unless you count my new 30+ PR at the Oceanside Turkey Trot (23:18). I've decided that I can get a new PR every time I enter a new age division (therefore, my 2004 PR doesn't count against 2011!).
2. Add two yoga workouts per week. I FINALLY did it! I signed up online for a free week of yoga at a nearby studio, Haute Yoga. I went to classes on Thursday and Friday, both were hot yoga, and they were awesome!
3. 35 miles per week. Again, I'll include my cross training, with the bum feet. I was still able to go out and run at least 4 times this week.
4. Eliminate Monster energy drinks from my daily intake. Made it the ENTIRE month without any Monster. I had one tall Peppermint Mocha when MIL came to visit, but mostly because I forgot to ask for a decaf. I feel so much better without the caffeine.
5. Find one new trail to run every week. Found a beautiful new trail on Camp Pendleton on Monday. No post on it though!
Thanks for checking in on us! How did you do with your November goals?