Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Challenge: Embracing the Positive

"My legs were so heavy on the run today and I was super slow."

"Last week I lifted heavier, I must be getting weaker."

"My hair is a mess, my job sucks, my kids are driving me crazy..."

Sound familiar?  We are surrounded by so much negativity in our daily lives, a lot of it coming directly out of our own mouths! (And just because you don't say it out loud, doesn't mean your mind doesn't process it!)

So, what's this post all about?  It's a challenge to our fellow bloggers, Tweeters, and people in general.  Bring the POSITIVE into your life.  Starting TODAY, eliminate negative phrases and thoughts from your life for seven days.  You can do anything for seven days, right?  

Now I know this doesn't happen overnight because we want to change.  We have programmed ourselves to think a certain way - but we are all capable of change.  When a negative thought creeps into your mind, try to turn it around.  I do this all of the time.  For example, if I'm out running and feeling kind of slow, I commend myself for getting out and doing a run at all!  I remind myself that I'm making a healthy choice by being active regardless of what my Garmin says.  

Who's with us???  One week of Embracing the Positive!!!  This extends to anything you post on your blog, on Facebook, on Twitter, and any other crazy social media network that I just don't even know about.  By focusing on all of the good things in your life (even if there only seem to be a few), you can be a happier, HEALTHIER, person!


You are each amazing in your own way and it's time to EMBRACE it!