Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nasty Comments

When you join the wide world of blogging, you open yourself up to nasty comments. I've seen several posts and tweets that could elicit a mean response, but what's the point? I could respond in kind with an ugly retort, IF they person leaving the comment was brave enough to NOT use the anonymous option.

I'm not even sure why, but I got two comments yesterday on this post. It was written back in November 2011, so I'm really confused as to why not one, but two people were looking at it, but hey, any blog traffic is good, right?!

I got a great comment from one reader encouraging me to take a good look at my diet to ensure that I wasn't erasing any gains I got from running by stuffing my face later. He ended with this:

"But nobody ever became great by just 'accepting' greatness, great people fight great battles to get there. SO go get your victory and make life your bitch."  


I was stoked to read this and truly appreciated him taking the time to write a comment.

On the other side of the spectrum, this is what ANONYMOUS posted:

"If you wore pants that fit, you wouldn't have a muffin top." 


Is that reader correct? Probably. I wear the pants I own. It's what keeps my weight from getting out of control. I'm cheap and I can't really afford a new wardrobe, so it's in my best interest to stay a certain size. Also, I've found that if I bought pants that fit my hips, they would fall right off. My legs are muscular, but not big. I'd be walking around pulling up my pants all day.

I've spent the last hour being frustrated with such a rude comment. I'm done with it. But please explain to me why people feel the need to be anonymously rude...

Source