Friday, October 28, 2011

Inspiring Words

As we head into the weekend, what better to leave you with than some motivational quotes about running! If you are tired from a long work week and just feel like sitting on the couch in front of the TV (this happens to me all the time!), then read through these and get ready to lace up your running shoes!

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
- Steve Prefontaine
"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
- Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder
"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner
"Many people shy away from hills. They make it easy on themselves, but that limits their improvement. The more you repeat something, the stronger you get." - Joe Catalano
I've saved my favorite quote for the end!!! Some days I get down on myself for not being super fast or not having achieved all my running goals, but in the end, this is what it boils down to...

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
- John Bingham

What's your favorite motivational quote that gets you out the door rain or shine?